Explore, discover, enjoy...
Please have fun and enjoy our wonderful ha’houlthee (chief’s lands), and remember to always take out what you bring in. Together we can keep our trail clean.
Trail Access: To access this trail, you need to take a 30 minute boat ride, a 10 minute seaplane jaunt or a scenic kayak paddle from Tofino to the First Nation village of Ahousaht. Catch the 10:30am & 4:00pm scheduled water taxi for about $20 at First Street Dock. Please email the trail office for more information email@example.com
Groups of 4 or more hikers who are wishing to leave Ahousaht at 5:00pm can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and for $20 we can arrange to have our boat the Ahous Hakoom bring you back to Tofino.
For smaller groups of hikers please head down to our Trail Head office and our staff onsite will happily call a water taxi for you.
Accommodation in Ahousaht: There are options for paid lodging in Ahousaht. There is a new lodge and a bed and breakfast, please email the trail office at email@example.com and we can help.
Drinking Water: There are 2 main accessible creeks to collect water, one at the end of Cow Bay and one at the river crossing past Kutcous Point.
Tofino Bus: Bus service to and from Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo and Comox/Courtenay.
Water taxis and charter boats to Ahousaht:
Tofino Air: Seasonal scheduled flights from Vancouver to Tofino as well as charter float plan service 1-855-647-7560 | www.tofinoair.ca
Orca Air: Flights from Vancouver (South Terminal) to Tofino airport 1-888-FLY-ORCA (1-888-359-6722) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget Car Rental: Budget Truck and Car Rental 250-725-2060 located at the Tofino Airport
BC Ferries: 1-888-223-3779 Vehicle and passenger ferry service from the mainland to Vancouver Island
- Vancouver North (Horseshoe Bay Terminal)
- Vancouver South, near Richmond (Tsawwassen Terminal)
- Nanaimo Downtown (Departure Bay Terminal)
- Nanaimo South (Duke Point Terminal)
- Victoria North, Sidney, BC (Schwartz Bay Terminal)
There are three efficient ways to get to Vancouver Island from Vancouver with BC Ferries. The best way depends on where, in Vancouver, you are closest to, and whether or not you wish to visit Victoria, BC on your way to Tofino:
- Traveling direct to Tofino from the Vancouver Airport, Seattle or other places south, take the Tsawwassen ferry (south of Vancouver) to Duke Point (south of Nanaimo)
- Traveling direct to Tofino from downtown Vancouver, take the Horseshoe Bay ferry (north/west Vancouver) to Departure Bay (downtown Nanaimo).
- Visiting Victoria, BC on your way to Tofino, take the Tsawwassen ferry (south of Vancouver) to Schwartz Bay (north of Victoria).
More Tofino area info can be found at: